Sunday 20 February 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mona Mitchell and Jack Bicknell.
A Yank at Oxford, directed by Jack Conway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 February 1938!
Which were the important events of 20 February 1938 ?
- Mona Mitchell: Lady-in-Waiting to Princess Alexandra.
- Jack Bicknell: WLAF head coach (Barcelona Dragons).
- Andre Chorda: France sport Champion.
- Richard Beymer: American actor director and cinematographer.
- Wiley Hilburn: American journalist and academic (d. 2014).
- Inge Lønning: Norwegian theologian educator and politician (d. 2013)
- UK Foreign Secretary Eden resigns, says Prime Minister Chamberlain appeased Germany
- Sir Anthony Eden resigns as British Foreign Secretary following major disagreements with Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain over the best policy to follow in regards to Italy, and is succeeded by Lord Halifax.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 20 February 1938
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?