Monday 16 July 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 16, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diana Warwick and Jos Stelling.
Guest Wife, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 16 July 1945 ?
- Botswana - President's Day (2nd day)
- Catholic - Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel
- Diana Warwick: Leader (Association of University Teachers).
- Jos Stelling: Director (Pointsman).
- Kellie Everts: Kalv, Germany -- Miss nude Universe (1968).
- Çetin Tekindor: Turkish actor.
- 1st atomic bomb detonated, Trinity Site, Alamogordo, New Mexico
- Cruiser Indianapolis leaves SF with atom bomb
- The United States successfully tests the first plutonium atomic bomb, at the Alamo-gordo airbase in New Mexico.
- Manhattan Project: the Atomic Age begins when the United States successfully detonates a plutonium-based test nuclear weapon at the Trinity site near Alamogordo, New Mexico.
- World War II: The Heavy Cruiser USS Indianapolis (CA-35) leaves San Francisco with parts for the atomic bomb ''Little Boy'' bound for Tinian Island. This would be the last time the Indianapolis would be seen by the Mainland she would be torpedoed by the Japanese Submarine I-58 on July 30 and sink with 880 out of 1,196 crewmen.
- The Trinity Test, the first of an atomic bomb, using about six kilograms of plutonium, succeeds in unleashing an explosion equivalent to that of 19 kilotons of TNT.
- WWII: A train collision near Munich, Germany kills 102 war prisoners.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Bell-Bottom Trousers - Jerry Colonna
- Perry Como - I'm Gonna Love That Gal