Tuesday 16 June 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Huldreich Georg Fruh and Helen Traubel.
while Gordon Keith by Thomas Nelson Page was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1903 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Huldreich Georg Fruh: Swiss composer (d. 1945).
- Helen Traubel: American soprano and actress (d. 1972).
- 1st Highlander (Yankee) shut-out victory 1-0 over White Sox
- Pepsi Cola company forms
- Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage by leaving Oslo, Norway.
- The Ford Motor Company is incorporated.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1903 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- My Old Kentucky Home - Haydn Quartet
- The Rosary - Henry Burr
- If Money Talks, It Ain't On Speaking Terms with Me - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?