Tuesday 16 June 1903
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1903). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Huldreich Georg Fruh and Helen Traubel.
The Inn Where No Man Rests, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1903
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1903
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1903!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1903 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Huldreich Georg Fruh: Swiss composer (d. 1945).
- Helen Traubel: American soprano and actress (d. 1972).
- 1st Highlander (Yankee) shut-out victory 1-0 over White Sox
- Pepsi Cola company forms
- Roald Amundsen commences the first east-west navigation of the Northwest Passage by leaving Oslo, Norway.
- The Ford Motor Company is incorporated.