Wednesday 16 June 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José López Portillo and John Howard Griffin.
while The River's End by James Oliver Curwood was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1920 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- José López Portillo: Mexican lawyer and, politician affiliated with Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) who served as the 51st President of Mexico from 1976 to 1982.
- John Howard Griffin: United States -- Photographer / author (Black Like Me).
- Jose Lopez Portillo: 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004).
- Raymond U Lemieux: Canadian organic chemist (d. 2002).
- Willie Hoel: Norwegian actor and comedian.
- Roger Marignan: N?mes physician.
- John Griffin: American journalist and author (d. 1980).
- Isabelle Holland: Swiss-American author (d. 2002).
- Raymond Lemieux: Canadian chemist and academic (d. 2002).
- Hemanta Mukhopadhyay: Indian singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1989).
- José Portillo: Mexican lawyer and politician 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004).
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Whose Baby are You? - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?