Wednesday 16 June 1920US date format: 6/16/1920, UK date format: 16/6/1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 16, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José López Portillo and Jose Lopez Portillo.
The Mollycoddle, directed by Victor Fleming, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 June 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1920 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- José López Portillo: Mexican lawyer and, politician affiliated with Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) who served as the 51st President of Mexico from 1976 to 1982.
- Jose Lopez Portillo: 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004).
- Raymond U Lemieux: Canadian organic chemist (d. 2002).
- Willie Hoel: Norwegian actor and comedian.
- Roger Marignan: N?mes physician.
- John Howard Griffin: United States -- Photographer / author (Black Like Me).
- Isabelle Holland: Swiss-American author (d. 2002).
- Raymond Lemieux: Canadian chemist and academic (d. 2002).
- Hemanta Mukhopadhyay: Indian singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1989).
- José Portillo: Mexican lawyer and politician 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004).
- John Griffin: American journalist and author (d. 1980).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Irene - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- He Went in Like a Lion and Came out Like a Lamb - Billy Murray
- Hold Me - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Rose of Washington Square - Kentucky Serenaders