Wednesday 16 June 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Howard Griffin and Jose Lopez Portillo.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1920!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1920 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- John Howard Griffin: United States -- Photographer / author (Black Like Me).
- Jose Lopez Portillo: 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004).
- Raymond U Lemieux: Canadian organic chemist (d. 2002).
- Willie Hoel: Norwegian actor and comedian.
- José López Portillo: Mexican lawyer and, politician affiliated with Institutional Revolutionary Party (PRI) who served as the 51st President of Mexico from 1976 to 1982.
- Roger Marignan: N?mes physician
- John Griffin: American journalist and author (d. 1980)
- Isabelle Holland: Swiss-American author (d. 2002)
- Raymond Lemieux: Canadian chemist and academic (d. 2002)
- Hemanta Mukhopadhyay: Indian singer-songwriter and producer (d. 1989)
- José Portillo: Mexican lawyer and politician 31st President of Mexico (d. 2004)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 16 June 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Whose Baby are You? - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?