Thursday 17 March 1910, St. Patrick's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Molly Weir and Francis Suttill.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1910!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1910 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Molly Weir
- Francis Suttill: French secret agent.
- Bayard Rustin: civil rights leader.
- Sonny Werblin: former owner of the New York Jets (Born 1907).
- Joaquin Valverde composer: dies at age 64.
- DHC soccer team forms in Delft Netherlands.