Monday 16 March 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raymond Vahan Damadian and Thelma Hopkins.
The Great Ziegfeld, directed by Robert Z. Leonard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 16 March 1936 ?
- St. Urho's Day - the fictional patron saint of Finnish immigrants to the US, created by Richard Mattson in 1956
- Latvia - The controversial Latvia Legions are celebrated in Latvia, where about 140,000 men joined the Waffen SS National Legions during World War II, trying to defend Latvia. Since February 23, 2000, this day is no longer an official celebration day.
- Saint Heribert of Cologne (died 1021)
- Saint Eusebia (+680)
- Saint Benedicta (+1260)
- Saint Agapitus
- The first day of the Bacchanalia in ancient Rome
- Raymond Vahan Damadian: Armenian American practitioner of MRI.
- Thelma Hopkins: England, United Kingdom -- High jumper (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Fred Neil: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2001).
- Raymond Damadian: Armenian-American inventor invented the MRI.
- Elisabeth Volkmann: German actress and singer (d. 2006).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?