Sunday 29 March 1936
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Rodney Bennett and John A Durkin.
Ecstasy, directed by Gustav Machat, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
while Drums Along the Mohawk by Walter D. Edmonds was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1936!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1936 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Richard Rodney Bennett: Broadstairs Kent, England -- Composer.
- John A Durkin: American politician.
- Richard Bennett: English-American composer and educator (d. 2012).
- Mogens Camre: Danish politician.
- John Durkin: American lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Judith Guest: American author and screenwriter
- Joseph Teasdale: American lawyer and politician 48th Governor of Missouri (d. 2014)
- 10,000 watch the 200 mirror blank passing through Indianapolis
- Nazi propaganda claims 99 percent of Germans voted for Nazi candidates.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?