Monday 16 November 1914
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Chapman .
Tillie's Punctured Romance, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
while T. Tembarom by Frances Hodgson Burnett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 16 November 1914 ?
- USA - admission of Oklahoma, 46th state, 1907
- R.C. Saints - Saint Margaret of Scotland ; Gertrude the Great
- Also see November 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day for Tolerance
- Iceland - Dagur fslenskrar tungu (Icelandic Language Day)
- Thailand - Loy Krathong festival (2005)
- Eddie Chapman: British World War II spy and double agent, aka Agent Zigzag (d. 1997).
- Federal Reserve System formally opens
- Pope Benedict XV calls for peace
- The Federal Reserve Bank of the United States officially opens.
- Banks of the Federal Reserve open for business. The New York branch receives $100 million from member banks.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- California and You - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'll Do it All Over Again - Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?