Saturday November 14, 1914
US date format: 11/14/1914, UK date format: 14/11/1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 14, 1914). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Eric John Crozier and Florentine Rost van Tonningen-Heubel.
The Noise of Bombs, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 14, 1914?
- India - Birthday of Jawaharlal Nehru: Children's Day
- United States - National Children's Book Week begins
- Roman festivals - Equorum Probatio
- Billy Mallett of Hamilton Tigers kicks ten singles in a game.
- Frederick Sleigh "Bobs" Roberts: Governor of Natal, dies at 82.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 14, 1914?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Henry Burr & Albert Campbell - California and You
- Billy Murray - I'll Do it All Over Again