Saturday 7 November 1914
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include R A Lafferty and Jean Cluseau-Lanauve.
The Noise of Bombs, directed by Mack Sennett, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 7 November 1914
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 November 1914!
Which were the important events of 7 November 1914 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Willibrord
- Russia - day of the October Revolution (1917) in the Gregorian Calendar, unofficially commemorated
- Northern Catalonia - National Day, after Treaty of Pyrenees.
- Also see November 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R A Lafferty: American science fiction writer (Born 1914).
- R[aphael] A[loysius] Lafferty: United States -- Sci-fi author (Devil is Dead).
- Jean Cluseau-Lanauve: France Painter.
- Archie Campbell: American actor singer and screenwriter (d. 1987).
- R Lafferty: American soldier engineer and author (d. 2002).
- Japan attack German concession on Chinese peninsula of Shanghai
- The first issue of The New Republic magazine is published.
- The German colony of Kiaochow Bay and its centre at Tsingtao are captured by Japanese forces.
- The Japanese seize Jiaozhou Bay in China, the base of the German East Asia Squadron.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1914 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Want to Go Back to Michigan (Down on the Farm) - Elida Morris
- Memphis Blues - Prince's Orchestra