Wednesday 16 October 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mira Nair and Alex Fort Brescia.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Honeycomb by Jimmie Rodgers.
In UK Diana by Paul Anka was in the top 5 hits.
Paths of Glory, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Profiles In Courage by John F. Kennedy was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Real McCoys.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1957!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1957 ?
- Mira Nair: Director.
- Alex Fort Brescia: Peruvian businessman.
- Jacques Viguier: French law professor accused for murdering his wife, Suzanne, who disappeared on 27 February 2000.
- Priidu Beier: Estonian poet and educator.
- Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip visits Williamsburg Virginia
- USAF sends 2 aluminium bullets into space
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Jimmie Rodgers - Honeycomb
- Debbie Reynolds - Tammy
- The Everly Brothers - Wake Up Little Susie
- The Crickets - That'll Be The Day
- Paul Anka - Diana
- Jerry Lee Lewis - Whole Lot Of Shakin' Going On
- Johnny Mathis - Chances Are
- The Tune Weavers - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby
- The Bobbettes - Mr. Lee
- Russ Hamilton - Rainbow
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?