Thursday 16 October 1941
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tim McCarver and Emma Nicholson.
How Green Was My Valley, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 1941!
Which were the important events of 16 October 1941 ?
- Tim McCarver: American baseball player who is a former catcher for both the St. Louis Cardinals and the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Emma Nicholson: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at General Election 6/11/1987.
- Étienne Pflimlin
- Mel Counts
- Erkki Jokinen: Composer.
- Tim McCarver baseball catcher (New York Mets)/sportscaster (ABC: CBS).
- Derek David Bourgeois: Composer.
- Gordo comic strip (by Gus Arriola) 1st appears in newspapers
- Romanian Legionnaires enter Odessa Russia
- Germany advances within 60 miles (96 km) of Moscow, Russia.
- WWII: The Soviet Union government moves to Kuibyshev (modern Samara), but Joseph Stalin remains in Moscow.