Sunday 16 October 2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 16, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Big Ben Burglary or The 7th Guest: Infection.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 16 October 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 October 2011!
Which were the important events of 16 October 2011 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 16 October
- 2011 Libyan civil war: Fighting continues in the city of Bani Walid, one of the few remaining towns loyal to the ousted dictator Muammar Gaddafi, between pro-Gaddafi fighters and besieging forces loyal to the National Transitional Council. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: At least six people are killed in the Yemeni capital Sana'a after government troops open fire on protesters. These killings constitute the second incident of fatal protest violence in Sana'a in under 48 hours. (MarketWatch)
- War in Somalia (2009-): Kenyan Army troops advance up to 100 kilometers into Somalia to pursue Al-Shabab militants. (Al Jazeera)
- A ceremony is held to officially re-name the English town of Wootton Bassett with the prefix ampquotRoyalampquot in honour of its role in the repatriation of British military personnel killed in action in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is the first town to receive such an honour since 1909. (BBC)
- François Hollande defeats Martine Aubry in a primary runoff election held by the French Socialist Party, becoming the party's official candidate to challenge incumbent President of France Nicolas Sarkozy in the 2012 presidential election. (AP via ''Washington Post'')
- Voters in Bolivia go to the polls for a judicial election - the first ever held in Latin America - with opposition politicians urging voters to spoil their ballots in protest against the government of incumbent President Evo Morales. (BBC)
- New Zealand defeats Australia 20-6 in the semi-final of the 2011 Rugby World Cup at Eden Park in Auckland, New Zealand. (BBC)
- In motorcycle racing, Australian Casey Stoner wins the 2011 MotoGP World Championship with a victory at the Australian motorcycle Grand Prix. (CNN)
- English auto racing driver Dan Wheldon dies in a crash in the final race of the 2011 IndyCar Series at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, with three other drivers reportedly hospitalised in the crash. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- In baseball, the Saint Louis Cardinals defeat the Milwaukee Brewers in the 2011 National League Championship Series the Cardinals now go on to face the Texas Rangers in the 2011 World Series. (St Louis Today)
- 100-year-old British Indian Fauja Singh is certified by Guinness World Records as being the oldest person ever to complete a full marathon. (''The Tribune'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 October 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Udinese : 0 - 0
- Cagliari - Siena : 0 - 0
- Cesena - Fiorentina : 0 - 0
- Chievo - Juventus : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Standard : 5 - 0
- Club Brugge - Gent : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Hannover : 2 - 0
- Freiburg - Hamburg : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Dresden - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Cottbus : 0 - 1
- Greuther Furth - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2011?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- She Will - Lil Wayne Featuring Drake
- Headlines - Drake
- Marvin & Chardonnay - Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash
- That Way - Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Ni**as in Paris - Jay Z Kanye West
- Quickie - Miguel
- Wet The Bed - Chris Brown Featuring Ludacris
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
Top #10 Latin songs
- Rain Over Me - Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- Frio - Ricky Martin
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Promise - Romeo Santos Featuring Usher
- El Amor - Ricardo Arjona
- You - Romeo Santos
Top #10 Rock songs
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- The Sound Of Winter - Bush
- Not Again - Staind
- Tonight - Seether
- Up All Night - Blink-182
- Make It Stop (September's Children) - Rise Against
- Paradise - Coldplay
- Sail - AWOLNATION
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
European finance ministers say they have moved closer to comprehensive solution for debt crisis during two-day gathering of officials from Group of 20 industrial nations, despite unresolved problems that could still widen scope of crisis. [..]
Internet banking services that have been sold to customers as conveniences, like online bill paying, serve as powerful tethers that keep them from jumping to another institution; banks' controversial new fees have caused an uproar and drawn criticism from politicians, including President Obama, but frustrated customers are finding that it is not so easy to disentangle from one's bank. [..]
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?