Sunday October 16, 2011
US date format: 10/16/2011, UK date format: 16/10/2011
It was Sunday, under the sign of Libra (see zodiac on October 16, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Someone Like You by Adele.
In Time, directed by Andrew Niccol, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Kill Me If You Can by James Patterson, Marshall Karp was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Man Up.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Space 2 or Dead Rising 2: Off the Record.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 16, 2011?
- Libyan Civil War (2011): Fighting continues in the city of Bani Walid, one of the few remaining towns loyal to the ousted dictator Muammar Gaddafi, between pro-Gaddafi fighters and besieging forces loyal to the National Transitional Council. (BBC)
- 2011 Yemeni protests: At least six people are killed in the Yemeni capital Sana'a after government troops open fire on protesters. These killings constitute the second incident of fatal protest violence in Sana'a in under 48 hours. (MarketWatch)
- Somali Civil War (2009–present): Kenyan Army troops advance up to 100 kilometers into Somalia to pursue Al-Shabab militants. (Al Jazeera)
- A ceremony is held to officially re-name the English town of Wootton Bassett with the prefix ampquotRoyalampquot in honour of its role in the repatriation of British military personnel killed in action in Iraq and Afghanistan. It is the first town to receive such an honour since 1909. (BBC)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 16, 2011?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #5 songs in the USA
Top #5 R&B songs
- Lil Wayne Featuring Drake - She Will
- Drake - Headlines
- Big Sean Featuring Kanye West & Roscoe Dash - Marvin & Chardonnay
- Wale Featuring Jeremih & Rick Ross - That Way
- Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding - Otis
Top #5 Rock songs
- Foo Fighters - Walk
- Red Hot Chili Peppers - The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Bush - The Sound Of Winter
- Staind - Not Again
Top #5 Latin songs
- Pitbull Featuring Marc Anthony - Rain Over Me
- Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer - Give Me Everything
- Don Omar - Taboo
- Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda - Olvidame
- La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga - Di Que Regresaras
Sport Games on October 16, 2011
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Udinese : 0 - 0
- Cagliari - Siena : 0 - 0
- Cesena - Fiorentina : 0 - 0
- Chievo - Juventus : 0 - 0
- Genoa - Lecce : 0 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Anderlecht - Standard : 5 - 0
- Club Brugge - Gent : 2 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Hannover : 2 - 0
- Freiburg - Hamburg : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Dresden - Aachen : 1 - 1
- Frankfurt FSV - Cottbus : 0 - 1
- Greuther Furth - Erzgebirge Aue : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in October 2011?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- European Officials Struggle Toward a Debt Solution European finance ministers say they have moved closer to comprehensive solution for debt crisis during two-day gathering of officials from Group of 20 industrial nations, despite unresolved problems that could still widen scope of crisis. [..]
- Online Banking Keeps Customers on Hook for Fees Internet banking services that have been sold to customers as conveniences, like online bill paying, serve as powerful tethers that keep them from jumping to another institution; banks' controversial new fees have caused an uproar and drawn criticism from politicians, including President Obama, but frustrated customers are finding that it is not so easy to disentangle from one's bank. [..]
- See all financial news of October 16th, 2011
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on October 16, 2011?
On October 16, 2011 the day of the week was Sunday.
What zodiac sign is October 16, 2011?
On October 16, 2011 the zodiac sign was Libra.
Who was the US President on October 16, 2011?
On October 16, 2011 the US President was Barack Obama (Democrat).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on October 16, 2011?
On October 16, 2011 the UK Prime Minister was David Cameron (Conservative).
Who was the Pope on October 16, 2011?
On October 16, 2011 Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.