Thursday 17 August 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John de Young and Dudley Faver.
Rolling Stones, directed by Del Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1916 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- John de Young: Resistance fighter.
- Dudley Faver: American military.
- Moses Majekodunmi: Nigerian physician and politician (d. 2012).
- Bulgarian offensive in Macedonia
- US Senate confirms Johannes Hugo von Engelken as Mint director.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 August 1916
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland) - Geoffrey O'Hara
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?