Thursday 17 August 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dudley Ervin Faver and John de Young.
The Danger Girl, directed by Clarence G. Badger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1916 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Dudley Ervin Faver
- John de Young: Resistance fighter.
- Dudley Faver: American military.
- Moses Majekodunmi: Nigerian physician and politician (d. 2012).
- Bulgarian offensive in Macedonia
- US Senate confirms Johannes Hugo von Engelken as Mint director.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Down Where the Swanne River Flows - Al Jolson
- America - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- The Battle Hymn of the Republic - Columbia Mixed Double Quartet
- Simple Melody - Billy Murray & Elsie Baker