Thursday 17 August 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dudley Ervin Faver and John de Young.
Rolling Stones, directed by Del Henderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1916!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1916 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Dudley Ervin Faver
- John de Young: Resistance fighter.
- Dudley Faver: American military.
- Moses Majekodunmi: Nigerian physician and politician (d. 2012).
- Bulgarian offensive in Macedonia
- US Senate confirms Johannes Hugo von Engelken as Mint director.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- They Made it Twice as Nice as Paradise (And They Called it Dixieland) - Geoffrey O'Hara
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?