Saturday 17 August 1918US date format: 8/17/1918, UK date format: 17/8/1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 17, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ike Quebec and Mort Marshall.
Shifting Sands, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 August 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 17 August 1918 ?
- Rastafarianism - celebration of the birth of Marcus Garvey
- Roman Empire - Portunalia in honor of Portunes
- Ike Quebec: American tenor-saxophone player (Born 1918).
- Mort Marshall: NYC, New York -- Actor (Cully-Dumplings).
- Evelyn Ankers: Actress (Black Beauty, Jungle Woman), dies at 67.
- Michael Wise: English geographer and academic (d. 2015).
- Moisei Uritsky: Russian revolutionary (Born 1873).
- British troops attack Baku Azerbaijan
- Turkish troops overthrow Caukasus
- Bolshevik revolutionary leader Moisei Uritsky is assassinated.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band