Friday 17 December 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Brooks and Patrice Wymore in Miltonville.
Tell It to the Marines, directed by George Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 December 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 December 1926 ?
- Jeremy Brooks: Writer.
- Patrice Wymore in Miltonville: Kansas, USA; actress (The Big Tree).
- Allan Cox: American geophysicist.
- W White: American electrical engineer, industrial management specialist and CEO of American Electric Power, a coal to electricity conversion power plants.
- Patrice Wymore: American actress and noted spouse, she was married to actor Errol Flynn.
- Ray Jablonski: American baseball player (Born 1926)
- John Krebs: American lawyer and politician (d. 2014)
- Stephen Lewis: English actor director screenwriter and playwright (d. 2015)
- German Marx government falls due to cooperation with red army
- KYA-AM in San Francisco CA begins radio transmissions
- Lithuanian military state under General Augustine Woldemaras.
- Antanas Smetona assumes power in Lithuania as the 1926 coup d'etat is successful.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Can't Get Over a Girl Like You (Loving a Boy Like Me) - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- When the Red, Red Robin Comes Bob, Bob, Bobbin' Along - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?