Monday 17 July 1939
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 17, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Milva and Alain Geismar.
Beau Geste, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 July 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 July 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 July 1939 ?
- Kyoto, Japan - Gion Matsuri
- Various mathematics departments - Yellow Pig's Day
- South Korea - Constitution Day
- Puerto Rico - Luis Mu�oz Rivera's Birthday
- Feast Day of St Cynllo
- Iraq - Ba'ath Revolution Day
- Milva : Italian chanson singer, told gregor that birth record officers recorded her birth for day after actual birth.
- Alain Geismar: French political activist, a major personality in the events of the May 1968 revolution.
- Andree Champagne: French Canadian actress and politician.
- Andrée Champagne: Canadian actress and politician.
- William Bell: Musician.
- Ali Khamenei: Iranian cleric and politician 2nd Supreme Leader of Iran.
- Spencer Davis: Welsh singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Spencer Davis Group).
- Warwick Hutton: Artist.
- 22nd PGA Championship: Henry Picard at Pomonok Country Club - Flushing, New York