Wednesday 17 June 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 17, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James MacDonald and Evalyn Knapp.
Romeo and Juliet, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 June 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1908 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- James MacDonald: Scottish botanist, professor of botany and author of "Introduction to Mycology" released in 1951 as well as other science papers.
- Evalyn Knapp
- Frank Sully: St. Louis, Missouri -- Actor (Along Came Jones, Phantom Thief).
- Jacob "Jimmy" Herman Huizinga: Journalist / writer.
- John Verrall: Composer.