Sunday 17 March 1940, St. Patrick's Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mark White and Vito Picone.
Rebecca, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1940!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1940 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Mark White: American politician and lawyer who passed the bar in 1965, later the Assistant Attorney General of Omaha.
- Vito Picone: rocker (Elegants).
- Paul Capolongo: French orchestra conductor and director of the Mulhouse Symphony Orchestra 1975-1985.