Wednesday 17 March 1909, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ken Anderson in Seattle and Henry Helmsley.
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1909 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Ken Anderson in Seattle: Washington, USA; worked on Disney animated films, Disneyland attractions, named a Disney Legend in 1991.
- Henry Helmsley: American hotel magnate who built a financial empire with his second wife, Leona Helmsley.
- Ann Wigmore: Lithuanian-American nutritionist who is an internationally known figure in the fields of nutrition and health, the founder of the Hippocrates Health Institute in Boston, which has other branches.
- Lucien Audouze: Tercillat physician.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Among the Sugar Cane - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?