Friday 17 March 1911, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Vello Kaaristo and John Spiegel.
Captain Starlight, or Gentleman of the Road, directed by Alfred Rolfe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Prodigal Judge by Vaughan Kester was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1911 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1911 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Oh That Moonlight Glide - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?