Wednesday 17 March 1915, St. Patrick's Day
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include William Roycroft and Jean Duché.
The Black Box, directed by Otis Turner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1915 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- William Roycroft: Austria -- Equestrian 3 day (1976 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Jean Duché: French journalist and author of numerous books.
- Jean Duche: France Writer.
- Henry Bumstead: American art director and production designer (d. 2006).
- Ray Ellington: English singer drummer and bandleader (d. 1985).
- Hans Namuth: German / US photographer (Todos Santos, Guatemala)
- Walter Crane English painter/cartoonist/illustrator: dies at age 69.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1915
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Sister Susie's Sewing Shirts for Soldiers - Al Jolson
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?