Saturday 17 March 1945, St. Patrick's Day
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 17, 1945). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Elis Regina and Michael Hayden (general).
Without Love, directed by Harold S. Bucquet, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Aktuelt kvarter.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 March 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1945 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Elis Regina: Brazilian singer, one of the most well-known, well-loved and well-paid entertainers in the history of her country.
- Michael Hayden (general)
- Paco Gonzalez: Race horse trainer.
- Michael Hayden: American military man named Chief of the Central Intelligence Agency by President George W. Bush on May 8, 2006 replacing Porter Goss who held the job for a short time.
- Dennis Sullivan: American bishop.
- Allied ships bomb North-Sumatra.
- American forces complete the capture of Iwo Jima. Americans suffer 26,038 casualties, include 6821 dead. Of the 21,000 Japanese defenders, only 1083 survive.
- The Ludendorff Bridge in Remagen, Germany collapses, ten days after its capture.
- WWII: Kobe, Japan is fire-bombed by 331 B-29 bombers, killing over 8,000 people.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Phil Moore Four - My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time
- There! I've Said it Again - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- My Dreams Are Getting Better All The Time - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)