Friday 5 March 1915
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Laurent Schwartz (mathematician) and Laurent Schwartz.
The Black Box, directed by Otis Turner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while Pollyanna Grows Up by Eleanor H. Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 March 1915!
Which were the important events of 5 March 1915 ?
- St Piran's Day - Cornwall's national day.
- Saint Theophile (d. 195)
- Saint Olivia (d. 308)
- Saint Gerarda
- Learn from Lei Feng Day in China.
- Feast of St. Kieran, patron of the Diocese of Ossory, in Irish calendar.
- Approximate beginning of month of j?ngzhT in Chinese calendar.
- Saint Adrian (died 308)
- Laurent Schwartz (mathematician)
- Laurent Schwartz: French mathematician, who pioneered the theory of distributions, which gives a well-defined meaning to objects such as the Dirac delta function.
- Henry Hicks: Canadian academic and politician; 16th Premier of Nova Scotia (d. 1990).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1915 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Underneath the Japanese Moon - Prince's Orchestra
- My Tango Girl - Victor Military Band
- Jesus, Lover of My Soul - Alma Gluck & Louise Homer
- On the 5:15 - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?