Saturday 17 April 1915
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sirimavo Bandaranaike and Maria Vilanova de Arbenz.
The Tramp, directed by Charles Chaplin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 April 1915
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1915!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1915 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Maria Vilanova de Arbenz: The First Lady of Guatemala from 1951-1954, as she was married to the Guatemalan President coronel Jacobo Árbenz Guzmán.
- Sirimavo Bandaranaike: A Sri Lankan politician and the world's first female head of government (d. 2000).
- Martin Clemens: Scottish guerilla fighter (d. 2009).
- Joe Foss: American politician, fighter pilot, Medal of Honor recipient and AFL Commissioner (Born 1915).
- Regina Ghazaryan: Armenian painter (d. 1999).
- Johannes P Kelly [Kellij] Dutch actor/operetta writer: dies at age 60.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1915 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- The Little House Upon the Hill - James F. Harrison & James Reed
- My Molancholy Baby - Walter Van Brunt