Sunday May 17, 1908
US date format: 5/17/1908, UK date format: 17/5/1908
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 17, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Mark Schorer and Pierre Louis-Dreyfus.
Hide and Seek, directed by John Polson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 17, 1908?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 17, 1908?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan - My Gal Irene
- Len Spencer & Ada Jones - Jimmie and Maggie at The Merry Widow
- Victor Orchestra - The Glow-Worm