Wednesday 17 May 1939
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 17, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Sacré and Gerald Eaves.
Wolf Call, directed by George Waggner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 May 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 May 1939!
Which were the important events of 17 May 1939 ?
- Norwegian Constitution Day or Syttende Mai.
- Dfa das Letras Galegas ("Galician Literature Day") ? holiday in Galicia, honouring the Galician language.
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of 'Azaamat (Grandeur) ? First day of the fourth month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Saint Paschal Baylon or Pascal Baylon
- Saint Montanus
- Saint Dietmar
- Saint Pamphamer
- International Day Against Homophobia aka IDAHO
- Saint Pamphalon
- Saint Solochon
- Saint Adrian of Alexandria
- James Sacré
- Wim de: Bie; CEO (Simplistic Covenant).
- Gerald Eaves: American politician, who served as a California State Assemblyman from 1984 until 1992.
- Emilio Vesce: Italian journalist and Member of Parliament.
- Gary Paulsen: Young Adult Author.
- Hugh Dykes: Baron Dykes English politician.
- 1st sports telecast-Columbia vs. Princeton-college baseball
- The Columbia Lions and the Princeton Tigers play in the United States' first televised sporting event, a collegiate baseball game in New York City.