Saturday 18 August 1956
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 18, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Debney and Sandeep Patil.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Age Of Fighting Sail by C.S. Forester was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Black Tulip.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 August 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1956!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1956 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- John Debney: American composer and conductor.
- Jon ''Bermuda'' Schwartz: American musician.
- Sandeep Patil: Indian cricketer and coach.
- Jon Schwartz: American drummer and producer.
- Kelly Willard: American singer-songwriter.
- Rainer Woelki: German cardinal.
- Cin Reds (8) and Cubs (2) combine to hit 10 HRs in a 9 inning game
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) - Doris Day
- Teenagers featuring Frankie Lymon - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Tony Martin - Walk Hand In Hand
- Sweet Old-Fashioned Girl - Teresa Brewer
- Elvis Presley - Heartbreak Hotel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?