Monday 18 January 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Greene and Paul Freeman.
Tarzan Triumphs, directed by William Thiele, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1943 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Dave Greene: Rocker.
- Paul Freeman: English actor.
- Kay Granger: American educator and politician.
- Dave Greenslade: English keyboard player and composer (Greenslade Colosseum and IF).
- Charlie Wilson: American businessman and politician (d. 2013).
- Jews in Warsaw Ghetto begin resistance of Nazis
- US rations bread and metal
- Soviets announce they broke the long German siege of Leningrad.
- Presliced bread sale in US banned to reduce bakery demand for metal parts.
- Warsaw Ghetto Uprising: The first uprising of Jews in the Warsaw Ghetto.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 18 January 1943
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1943 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?