Thursday 18 January 2007US date format: 1/18/2007, UK date format: 18/1/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 18, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK A Moment Like This by Leona Lewis was in the top 5 hits.
Trade, directed by Marco Kreuzpaintner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while For One More Day by Mitch Albom was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Taxi 0-22.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation or Cronous: The Shadow of Conspiracy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 January 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 2007!
Which were the important events of 18 January 2007 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 18 January
- Brent Liles: American bass player (Social Distortion and Agent Orange) (d. 2007).
- US investment bank Merrill Lynch announces 2006 profit of US$10.4 billion, the most successful year in its history.
- The strongest storm in the United Kingdom in 17 years kills 14 people, Germany sees the worst storm since 1999 with 13 deaths. Hurricane Kyrill, causes at least 44 deaths across 20 countries in Western Europe.
- 110th United States Congress: The United States Senate passes ethics and lobbying reform legislation. (Fox News)
- Alleged racist treatment of Indian actress Shilpa Shetty on Celebrity Big Brother 2007 draws widespread attention. It has attracted a record 33,000 complaints, death threats and has resulted in cancellation of multi-million pound Big Brother sponsorships and participants' modelling contracts. Prime Minister Tony Blair's likely successor, Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown commented on the subject during his India visit and has been mentioned in the House of Commons. (BBC News)
- The United States government reports that the People's Republic of China successfully tested a missile that destroyed an orbiting satellite of the Dong Fang Hong program. (CNN)
- Al Arabiya reports that a fire at Kuwait's Shuaiba Port has stopped oil exports and refining in that country. (Dow Jones via NASDAQ)
- The French newspaper ''Le Monde'' reports that Spanish cyclist Óscar Pereiro has produced two positive urine samples for salbutamol during the 2006 Tour de France. Pereiro had finished second in the Tour. The contested winner, Floyd Landis, had tested positive for testosterone during the Tour. (Le Monde)
- Two people are killed in the Jumeirah Lake Towers fire in Dubai. (BBC)
- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki suggests that if the United States better armed the Iraqi armed forces, they would be able to dramatically draw back U.S. troops ampquotin three to six monthsampquot. (BBC)
- Israel transfers to the Palestinian Authority $100 million tax revenues withheld since the Hamas won the election last year. (BBC)
- Speaker of the Liberian Parliament Edwin Snowe is sacked following a vote of no confidence. (BBC)
- 65 deaths have been attributed to blizzards, ice storms and freezing rain since Friday (January 12) in nine U.S. states, including 23 in Oklahoma and 10 in Texas. (CNN)
- California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger asks for his state to be declared a federal disaster area after agricultural damage is estimated over $1 billion USD. (CNN)
- Snow is recorded at Los Angeles International Airport for the first time since 1962. (KNBC)
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- Ciara - Promise
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- My Love - Justin Timberlake Featuring T.I.
- Shortie Like Mine - Bow Wow Featuring Chris Brown & Johnta Austin
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
- Unk - Walk It Out
Top #10 Latin songs
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Aventura - Los Infieles
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Chiquilla - A.B. Quintanilla III Presents Kumbia All Starz
- Ni Una Sola Palabra - Paulina Rubio
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Airbus warned that major production delays would probably push it to an operating loss for 2006, despite a record number of deliveries. [..]
The ruling throws into doubt the concept that states can compel companies to offer more generous health care. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $66.70
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $93.23
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $64.25
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.60
- 1 CAD = 1.0617 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9837 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9263 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4614 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?