Friday 28 April 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Frans Vroons and Rudolf Zipkes.
The Fatal Wedding, directed by Raymond Longford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1911!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1911 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Moonlight, the Rose, and You - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
- Neath the Southern Moon - Merle Tillotson
- Put Your Arms Around Me, Honey - That Girl Quartet
- Gee, But It's Great to Meet a Friend from Your Home Town - Billy Murray
- John McCormack - Drink to Me Only with Thine Eyes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?