Friday 18 June 1943US date format: 6/18/1943, UK date format: 18/6/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Raffaella Carrà and Paul Wittamer.
The Constant Nymph, directed by Edmund Goulding, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1943!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1943 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Raffaella Carrà: Italian singer dancer and actress.
- Paul Wittamer: Belgian chef, known as one of the best pastry chefs in his country, awarded the "Golden Key" for his supreme black chocolate of Columbia.
- Armand Maillard: French Catholic clergyman, the current Archbishop of Bourges.
- Barry Evans: Actor (Dr Upton-Dr in the House, Mind Your Language).
- Newt Gingrich: Politician.
- Rafaella Carrà: Italian singer and dancer in shows and clubs, a minor but versatile actress.
- Raffaella Carra: Italian TV presenter.
- Burt Rutan: Scientist.
- Barry Manilow: Musician.
- Elias Degiannis: Greek navy officer and resistance fighter (Born 1912).
- SS Police in Amsterdam sentence for 12 resistance fighter to death (Jewish, communists, homosexuality) at the Census Bureau