Thursday 18 March 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ernest Gallo and Franklin Roosevelt.
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1909 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Ernest Gallo: American vintner, entrepreneur and multimillionaire, credited with bringing wine to American tables and putting California on the world’s wine-making map.
- Franklin Roosevelt: American political family, the second son of Franklin and Eleanor Roosevelt who lived only a few months.
- C Hodges: English author and illustrator (d. 2004).
- Einar Dessau uses a short-wave radio transmitter, becoming the first radio broadcaster.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Down Among the Sugar Cane - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Frank Stanley & Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?