Thursday 25 March 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dutch [Emil] Leonard and Jay Blackton New York City.
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 March 1909 ?
- Maryland Day.
- Saint Pelagius
- International Waffle Day in Sweden.
- Freedom Day in Belarus
- Greek Independence Day.
- As the day falls close to the vernal equinox, similar to the way Christmas falls near the winter solstice, both days are regarded as one of the Quarter Days to Christians in the British Isles. (see below)
- Traditional date of the start of the new year in England and Wales, until the Calendar Act of 1752 (called Lady Day - see below).
- Traditional date of the death (circa 33), of Jesus, central figure in Christianity (b. circa 1 BC in traditional dating)
- In Christianity, March 25 is typically celebrated as the day of the Annunciation so long as it does not coincide with a Sunday or during Holy Week. (see below)
- The Annunciation of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Lady Day) - this date is nine months before Christmas Day, and is based on the traditional date in Catholicism of a 1 BC - Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and conception of Jesus.
- One of the four Irish Quarter days in the Irish calendar.
- Saint Dysmas, the 'Good Murderer'
- Saint Harold
- Saint Humbert
- The date of the passing of Sauron in J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings. Many fans celebrate this day by throwing parties.
- Saint Izaak
- Dutch [Emil] Leonard: Baseball pitcher (Boston Red Sox, 1.01 ERA 1914).
- Jay Blackton New York City: New York, conductor/arranger (Guys and Dolls).
- Niels Onstad: Norwegian shipowner and art collector.
- Fran?ois Beranger: Versailles Military man.
- Ruperto Chapi y Lorente composer: dies at age 57.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Washington Post March - Prince's Orchestra
- I Remember You - Ada Jones
- A Gay Gossoon - Vess Ossman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?