Wednesday 31 March 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 31, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Brasillach and Pieter Jongeling.
Poste restante, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 31 March 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 31 March 1909 ?
- Saint Cornelia
- CTsar Ch�vez Day - official holiday in five states and many cities across the U.S.
- Freedom Day in Malta.
- Saint Amos
- Saint Benjamin
- Blessed Hendrik Werner
- Saint Balbina of Rome
- New Jersey - Thomas Mundy Peterson Day.
- Robert Brasillach: French right-wing intellectual writer and journalist who was the literary critic of the journal "Action Françoise" and editor-in-chief of "Je Suis Partout," 1938-1941.
- Pieter Jongeling: Dutch Member of Parliament (GVP)/editor (Netherlands Daily).
- Gustav Mahler conducts New York Philharmonic for his first time.
- Baseball rules players who jump contracts are suspended for five years.
- Serbia accepts Austrian control over Bosnia and Herzegovina.