Saturday 18 March 1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Hausser and Jean-Pierre Wallez.
Bulldog Drummond's Secret Police, directed by James P. Hogan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1939 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Gérard Hausser
- Jean-Pierre Wallez
- Ron Atkinson: English former footballer and manager.
- Maryse Arditi
- Michael Kirby: Australian High Court Judge, perhaps the best known in his country, a high profile human rights activist and law reformer, publicly gay since 1998.
- Peter Kraus: German singer and actor, who was popular especially in the 1950s, notably in those musical comedy films where he played opposite Cornelia Froboess.
- Travis Pritchett: rocker (Travis and Bob).
- Jean-Pierre Walez: French musician specializing in the string instruments.
- Yannis Markopoulos: Greek composer.
- Marja-Leena Mikkola: Finnish writer, winner of the 1967 Eino Leino Prize.
- Giannis Markopoulos: Greek composer.
- Kenny Lynch: British entertainer.
- Joseph Boishu: French Catholic bishop emeritus, former auxiliary bishop of Reims, in residence at Charleville-Mezieres 2003-2012.
- Henry Simpson Lunn: English humanitarian and religious leader (Born 1859).
- American President Franklin Roosevelt imposes punitive tariffs on imports from Germany.
- quotRomanian War Scarequot: Virgil Tilea, the Romanian Minister in London, spreads false rumours that Romania is on the verge of a German attack.