Saturday 18 March 1939US date format: 3/18/1939, UK date format: 18/3/1939
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 18, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Gérard Hausser and Jean-Pierre Wallez.
La fin du jour, directed by Julien Duvivier, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Percy Ponsonby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 March 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 March 1939!
Which were the important events of 18 March 1939 ?
- Saint Edward (d.978)
- Aruba - Flag Day (1976)
- Ancient Latvia - Bindus Diena
- Saint Cyril of Jerusalem (d.386)
- Saint Alexander of Jerusalem
- United States - National Biodiesel Day
- Saint Anselm
- Saint Salvator
- Saint Narcissus
- Mexico - Expropiaci=n Petreolera
- Gérard Hausser
- Jean-Pierre Wallez
- Ron Atkinson: English former footballer and manager.
- Maryse Arditi
- Michael Kirby: Australian High Court Judge, perhaps the...
- Peter Kraus: German singer and actor, who was popular...
- Travis Pritchett: rocker (Travis and Bob).
- Jean-Pierre Walez: French musician specializing in the...
- Yannis Markopoulos: Greek composer.
- Marja-Leena Mikkola: Finnish writer, winner of the 1967 Eino...
- Giannis Markopoulos: Greek composer.
- Kenny Lynch: British entertainer.
- Joseph Boishu: French Catholic bishop emeritus, former...
- Henry Simpson Lunn: English humanitarian and religious...
- American President Franklin Roosevelt imposes punitive tariffs on imports from Germany.
- quotRomanian War Scarequot: Virgil Tilea, the Romanian Minister in London, spreads false rumours that Romania is on the verge of a German attack.