Tuesday 23 March 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gabrielle Roy and Charles Werner.
Poste restante, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1909 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
Famous Birthdays:23 March
- Theodore Roosevelt leaves New York for a post-presidency safari in Africa. The trip is sponsored by the Smithsonian Institution and National Geographic Society.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pet Names - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Wish I Had a Girl - Manuel Romain
- When a Fellow's on the Level with a Girl Who's on the Square - Billy Murray
- The Song That Reached My Heart - Evan Williams