Saturday 27 March 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Mercure and Jacques Reverchon.
The Old Curiosity Shop, directed by Warwich Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1909 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Jean Mercure: French actor, stage director and founder of the ‘’Théatre de la ville.
- Jacques Reverchon: French astrologer and writer, collaborator with Gouchon for the two last volumes of the "Dictionnaire astrologique.
- Raymond Oliver: French chef and owner of the 3 Michelin Star 'Le Grand Véfour' restaurant in Paris, one of France's great historical restaurants.
- Ben Webster: American jazz tenor saxophonist, a.k.
- Golo Mann [Gottfried]: German / US historian (Antisemitism).
- Valery Marakou: Belarusian poet and translator (d. 1937).
- Ben[jamin F]: Webster US tenor saxophonist.
- Golo Mann: German/Swiss conservative historian, essayist and writer.
- Veikko Larkas: Finnish architect designed the Pielisensuu Church (d. 1969).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Pet Names - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- I Wish I Had a Girl - Manuel Romain
- When a Fellow's on the Level with a Girl Who's on the Square - Billy Murray
- The Song That Reached My Heart - Evan Williams