Monday 23 March 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Haneke and Walter Rodney.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1942 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Haneke: Austrian director producer and screenwriter.
- Walter Rodney: Guyanese historian scholar and activist (d. 1980).
- US move native-born of Japanese ancestry into detention centers
- US moves native-born of Japanese ancestry into detention centers.
- 2,500 Jews of Lublin massacred or deported.
- World War II: In the Indian Ocean, Japanese forces capture the Andaman Islands.
- WWII: The Germans burned down the Ukrainian village of Yelino (Koriukivka Raion), killing 296 civilians.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?