Monday 23 March 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 23, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Haneke and Richard Pound.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 23 March 1942 ?
- Saint Rebecca (d.1914)
- Roman Empire - Tubilustrium was held in honor of Mars.
- Ancient Latvia - Lieldienas held in honor of Mara and other pagan goddesses.
- Pakistan - National Day (Republic Day).
- Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo (died 1606)
- Saint Ethelwald
- Saint Victorian
- Roman Empire - The fifth and final day of Quinquatria, held in honor of Minerva.
- Michael Haneke: Austrian director producer and screenwriter.
- Richard Pound: Businessman.
- Walter Rodney: Guyanese historian scholar and activist (d. 1980).
- US move native-born of Japanese ancestry into detention centers
- US moves native-born of Japanese ancestry into detention centers.
- 2,500 Jews of Lublin massacred or deported.
- World War II: In the Indian Ocean, Japanese forces capture the Andaman Islands.
- WWII: The Germans burned down the Ukrainian village of Yelino (Koriukivka Raion), killing 296 civilians.