Thursday 19 March 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 19, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include José Serra and David Minge.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
On TV people were watching Men at Work.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 19 March 1942 ?
- Saint Adeltrudis (d.670)
- Saint Landoald
- Las Fallas in Valencia, Spain.
- Roman Catholicism and Church of England - Saint Joseph's Day for Saint Joseph of Nazareth, spouse of the Blessed Virgin Mary, stepfather of Jesus; patron saint of Belgium, a good death, carpenters hence also (alternative) Father's Day in Spain, Portugal, Belgium
- Mojoday in Discordianism
- The swallows return to Mission San Juan Capistrano in California.
- The first day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- José Serra: Brazilian government deputy and minister, possibly a candidate for Brazil's presidency in 2002.
- David Minge: American politician (Representative-Democrat-Minnesota).
- Jeff Neighbour: American bassist (Joy of Cooking).
- Jytte Rex: Danish film director, nationally acknowledged for her work.
- Ross Valory: rocker (Journey).
- Richard Dobson: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Heather Robertson: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2014).
- Rinus Israel
- Clinton Hart Merriam: American zoologist (Born 1855).
- FDR orders men between 45 and 64 to register for non military duty
- US President Franklin Roosevelt orders men between 45 and 64 to register for non-military duty.
- Thoroughbred Racing Association of US formed in Chicago, Illinois.