Saturday 28 March 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 28, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Newell and Neil Kinnock.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1942 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Mike Newell: English director and producer.
- Neil Kinnock: Welsh politician and leader of the Labour Party in Great Britain October 1983.
- Bernard Darniche
- Jerry Sloan: American basketball player and head coach.
- Michel Bissonnet: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Kitanofuji Katsuaki: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 52nd Yokozuna.
- Michael York: Actor.
- Conrad Schumann: East German border guard (d. 1998).
- Samuel Ramey: American opera singer.
- John Sulston: Scientist.
- Samuel Ramey in Colby: Kansas, USA; bass (La Scala).
- Ava Astaire: American noted family, the daughter of Fred Astaire and his wife, Phyllis Livingston Potter, their second child.
- Daniel Dennett: American philosopher and academic.
- British naval forces raid Nazi occupied French port of St. Nazaire
- Raid on lock / dock St. Nazaire
- World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
- April ndash Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Sobibor opens in occupied Poland on the outskirts of the town of Sobibór. Between April 1942 and October 1943, at least 160,000 people are killed in the camp.