Sunday March 29, 1942
US date format: 3/29/1942, UK date format: 29/3/1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see birth chart on March 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Julie Goodyear and Larry Pressler.
Un pilota ritorna, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 29, 1942?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- See more
- British cruiser Trinidad torpedoes itself in the Barents Sea
- British destroyer Campbeltown explodes in St-Nazaire: 400 Germans die
- German submarine U-585 sinks
- The Bombing of Lubeck in World War II is the first major success for the RAF Bomber Command against Germany and a German city.