Sunday 29 March 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Goodyear and Larry Pressler.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Dragon Seed by Pearl S. Buck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1942!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 March 1942 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Julie Goodyear: English actress.
- Larry Pressler: American politician.
- Scott Wilson (actor)
- Larry Pressler American politician (Senator-Republican-South Dakota: 1979-).
- Scott Wilson: Movie Actor.
- Bob Lurtsema: American football player.
- British cruiser Trinidad torpedoes itself in the Barents Sea
- British destroyer Campbeltown explodes in St-Nazaire: 400 Germans die
- German submarine U-585 sinks
- The Bombing of Lubeck in World War II is the first major success for the RAF Bomber Command against Germany and a German city.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?