Sunday 29 March 1942
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 29, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Julie Goodyear and Larry Pressler.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1942 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Julie Goodyear: English actress.
- Larry Pressler: American politician.
- Scott Wilson (actor)
- Larry Pressler American politician (Senator-Republican-South Dakota: 1979-).
- Neil Kinnock: Politician.
- Bob Lurtsema: American football player.
- Scott Wilson: Movie Actor.
- Mike Newell: Director.
- Daniel Dennett: Philosopher.
- British cruiser Trinidad torpedoes itself in the Barents Sea
- British destroyer Campbeltown explodes in St-Nazaire: 400 Germans die
- German submarine U-585 sinks
- The Bombing of Lubeck in World War II is the first major success for the RAF Bomber Command against Germany and a German city.