Thursday 26 March 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Erica Jong [Mann] in New York City and Erica Jong.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 26 March 1942 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Erica Jong [Mann] in New York City: New York, USA; author (Fear of Flying).
- Erica Jong: American writer, a best-selling novelist with her racy "Fear of Flying," 1973, called "the feminine counterpart of "Tropic of Cancer.
- François Léotard: French politician, minister of national defense in 1993.
- Jimmy Burke: American baseball player and manager (d. 1942).
- 1st Eichmann transport to Auschwitz and Birkenau Camps
- 1st 700 Jews from Polish Lvov-district reach concentration camp Belzec
- 20 tons of gelignite kills 21 in a stone quarry in Easton, Pennsylvania, USA.
- German offensive in North-Africa under Colonel-General Erwin Rommel.
- World War II: In Poland, the first female prisoners arrive at Auschwitz.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?