Monday 30 March 1942
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include George Esson and Graeme Edge in Rochester.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Moon Is Down by John Steinbeck was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1942 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- George Esson: Chief Constable (Dumfries and Galloway).
- Graeme Edge in Rochester: Staffordshire, England; rock drummer (The Moody Blues - "Nights in White Satin", "Your Wildest Dreams").
- Ruben Kun: Nauruan lawyer and politician 14th President of Nauru.
- Kenneth Welsh: Canadian-American actor and singer.
- Alfred Coville: French historian (Lesson premier Valois), dies at age 81.
- 1st RSHA-transport from France arrives in camp Birkenau
- SS murders 200 inmates of Trawniki labor camp.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?