Friday 27 March 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John E Sulston and Raymond J McGrath American politician (Representative-Republican-New York.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while And Now Tomorrow by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1942 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- John E Sulston: British chemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Raymond J McGrath American politician (Representative-Republican-New York: 1981-).
- Philippe Granger: French clinical psychologist, analyst, professor of Psychology at the University and keynote speaker at many seminars on astrology.
- Michael York: British actor, an assertive leading man internationally known.
- Paul Courtin: .
- John Adshead: English-New Zealand footballer and manager
- Michael Jackson: English journalist and author (d. 2007)
- Wili Jønsson: Danish singer-songwriter and bass player (Gasolin')
- John Sulston: English biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate
- Joe Louis knocks out Abe Simon in six to retain heavyweight boxing title (New York City, New York).
- War Powers Act is signed into law as Public Law 507, providing for silver alloy 5-cent coins.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?