Friday 27 March 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 27, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael York and Philippe Granger.
My Favorite Blonde, directed by Sidney Lanfield, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 March 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1942 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Michael York: British actor, an assertive leading man internationally known.
- Philippe Granger: French clinical psychologist, analyst, professor of Psychology at the University and keynote speaker at many seminars on astrology.
- John Sulston: English biologist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Paul Courtin
- John Adshead: English-New Zealand footballer and manager.
- Erica Jong: Novelist.
- Wili Jønsson: Danish singer-songwriter and bass player (Gasolin').
- Michael Jackson: English journalist and author (d. 2007).
- John E Sulston: British chemist, recipient of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Raymond J McGrath American politician (Representative-Republican-New York: 1981-).
- Joe Louis knocks out Abe Simon in six to retain heavyweight boxing title (New York City, New York).
- War Powers Act is signed into law as Public Law 507, providing for silver alloy 5-cent coins.