Saturday 18 May 1957
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 18, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Cretu and Henrietta Moore.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to All Shook Up by Elvis Presley.
In UK Butterfly by Andy Williams was in the top 5 hits.
A Face in the Crowd, directed by Elia Kazan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while Too Much, Too Soon by Diana Barrymore and Gerold Frank was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Leave It to Beaver.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 May 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1957!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1957 ?
- Michael Cretu: Romanian-German keyboard player and producer (Moti Special and Enigma).
- Henrietta Moore: English anthropologist and academic.
- Jane Root: English broadcaster and academic.
- 83rd Preakness: Eddie Arcaro aboard Bold Ruler wins in 1:56.2.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1957 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Elvis Presley - All Shook Up
- The Diamonds - Little Darlin'
- Perry Como - Round And Round
- Ferlin Husky - Gone
- The Dell-Vikings - Come Go With Me
- Buddy Knox - Party Doll
- Jimmy Dorsey - So Rare
- School Day (Ring Ring Goes the Bell) - Chuck Berry
- Pat Boone - Why Baby Why
- Marty Robbins - A White Sport Coat (And A Pink Carnation)
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?