Sunday 18 May 1930
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Fred Saberhagen and Arthur Paecht.
The Chess Player, directed by Raymond Bernard, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Exile by Warwick Deeping was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 18 May 1930 ?
- Fred Saberhagen: American soldier and author (d. 2007).
- Arthur Paecht
- Don L Lind
- Don Leslie Lind in Midvale: Utah, USA; astronaut (STS 51-B).
- Geoffrey Littler: CEO (County NatWest Group).
- Warren B Rudman American politician (Senator-Republican-New Hampshire: 1980-).
- Don Lind: American astronaut and physics professor who served as a mission specialist on the Challenger during the first operational mission of Spacelab from 4/29 to 5/06/1985.
- Warren Rudman: American soldier lawyer and politician (d. 2012).
- Barbara Goldsmith in New Rochelle: New York, USA; author (Little Gloria Happy At Last).
- Fred[erick Thomas] Saberhagen: United States -- Sci-fi author (Book of Swords).
- Joao Marcellino Arroyo: Composer, dies at 68.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?