Tuesday 18 June 1929US date format: 6/18/1929, UK date format: 18/6/1929
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 18, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jurgen Habermas and Ademar de Barros Filho.
I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen, directed by Not specifed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 18 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1929 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- Jurgen Habermas: German sociologist and philosopher.
- Ademar de Barros Filho
- Ademar Barros Filho: Brazilian entrepreneur, the founder of Lacta (the Brazilian equivalent to Hershey's), producers of "Sonho de Valsa" (Waltzing Dream) and "Ouro Branco" (White Gold), said to be the world's best bonbons.
- Jürgen Habermas: German social theorist, the leading representative of the second generation of the Frankfurt School.
- James Bishop: Editor (London News Publications).
- Ann Mara: American businesswoman and philanthropist (d. 2015).
- Tibor Rubin: Hungarian-American soldier Medal of Honor recipient (d. 2015).
- Louis Seguin: French writer and film critic.
- Eva Bartok: Hungarian actress who was on-screen from 1952 and starred in 38 films.