Monday 2 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Pete Conrad Jr in Philadelphia and Pete Conrad.
White Hell of Pitz Palu, directed by Dr. Arnold Fanck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
while Years of Grace by Margaret Ayers Barnes was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1930 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Charles Pete Conrad Jr in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 5, Gemini 11, Apollo 12, Skylab 2).
- Pete Conrad: American astronaut, one of four to fly four space missions and the third man to set foot on the moon.
- Bob Lillis: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Sarah Dickson becomes 1st woman Presbyterian elder in US, Cincinnati
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?