Monday 2 June 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Véga and Pete Conrad.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 June 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1930!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1930 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Claude Véga
- Pete Conrad: American astronaut, one of four to fly four space missions and the third man to set foot on the moon.
- Charles Pete Conrad Jr in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; US Navy/astronaut (Gemini 5, Gemini 11, Apollo 12, Skylab 2).
- Bob Lillis: American baseball player coach and manager.
- Sarah Dickson becomes 1st woman Presbyterian elder in US, Cincinnati