Monday 19 August 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thruston B Morton and Zygmunt Mycielsky.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Zygmunt Mycielsky: Composer.
- Thruston B Morton: American politician (d. 1982).
- Thurston Morton (Senator-Kentucky: 1957-1969).
- Elizabeth Gossett: American noted family, daughter of then-Governor of NY, Charles Evans Hughes.
- Hazari Dwivedi: Indian historian author and scholar (d. 1979).
- Archie League: generally considered the first air traffic controller (Born 1907).
- Thruston Morton: American soldier and politician (d. 1982).