Monday 19 August 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 19, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Thruston B Morton and Zygmunt Mycielsky.
The Dummy, directed by Dante Falconi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 August 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 1907!
Which were the important events of 19 August 1907 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Zygmunt Mycielsky: Composer.
- Thruston B Morton: American politician (d. 1982).
- Thurston Morton (Senator-Kentucky: 1957-1969).
- Elizabeth Gossett: American noted family, daughter of then-Governor of NY, Charles Evans Hughes.
- Hazari Dwivedi: Indian historian author and scholar (d. 1979).
- Archie League: generally considered the first air traffic controller (Born 1907).
- Thruston Morton: American soldier and politician (d. 1982).